Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

battambang guide

Posted by karentenk on 1/12/2007 at 15:26

just want to recommend my guide, mr. kim, who works from the chaya hotel. he speaks english and he's extremely kind and can really show you rural cambodian life. (or temples or whatever you want, but i wanted a break from temples) he's so honest he even offered to give me the 2000R (50 cents) commission he apparently gets from the bus company for taking foreigners to buy bus tickets--even though he was helping me and them.

he took me by motorbike (even including a loaner helmet) out and around the countryside to see various families and their businesses. Rice paper making, rice noodle making, fish paste making, (edible) mushroom growing, a pineapple farm, rice milling, etc...really fascinating. way way local.
also did the bamboo train.

his number is 012654427 or you can ask for him around the chaya hotel.

#1 karentenk has been a member since 23/9/2007. Posts: 2

Posted by Ashe88 on 6/12/2007 at 13:25

Thanks, I have been thinking about this sort of stuff lately. If mr kim is good enough for you then he's good enough for me!

#2 Ashe88 has been a member since 19/11/2007. Posts: 24

Posted by chopin on 6/12/2007 at 14:54

Hi Karen,

How much he charges per day, or on whatever basis?

#3 chopin has been a member since 28/4/2007. Posts: 154
 Send chopin a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.