Text page

Cambodia

Cambodia forum

flights form Phnom Penh to Siem Reap

Posted by clinesmiths on 12/7/2016 at 00:09

Travel Fish states there are three carriers that fly this route, but doesn't list them. Anyone know what they are? Also, we are planning on connecting to this flight from our international flight. Anyone know what the policy is on this in case our intl flight is delayed and we miss it?

thanks in advance.

#1 clinesmiths has been a member since 12/7/2016. Posts: 6

Posted by Captain_Bob on 15/7/2016 at 04:49

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phnom_Penh_International_Airport#Passenger

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,955

Posted by exacto on 15/7/2016 at 08:20

kayak.com or other travel booking websites also list airlines and flight times for the Phnom Penh to Siem Reap route.

as for the policy in case your international flight is delayed, Cambodia has very strict laws on the subject. if you miss your domestic flight due to a delayed international flight, there is usually a $100 fine per passenger, and i have even heard of some western tourists being detained overnight until they can reschedule their onward travel. because of this, i would be very careful booking on onward domestic flight in Cambodia and would suggest an overnight in Phnom Penh to avoid the entire scenario.

#3 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,814

Posted by clinesmiths on 18/7/2016 at 12:14

Thanks so much for the heads up. Sounds like we should just wing it and try to get a connecting flight when we arrive, or just take a bus.

#4 clinesmiths has been a member since 12/7/2016. Posts: 6

Posted by exacto on 18/7/2016 at 14:04

i was just kidding around about the delayed international flight stuff.

if it were me, i would use the link Captain Bob sent or something like the kayak.com website to figure out which airlines offered flights from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap and at what time on the date i arrived, and book something if it looked good. better still, if you haven't booked your flight to Phnom Penh yet, i would look at booking the trip under the same itinerary if possible. i would not try to wing it on the connecting flight.

having said that, an overnight or two in Phnom Penh would likely be worthwhile, both to break up your trip, and to make sure you can easily catch your connecting flight the next day. an overnight gives you more options, including, as you mentioned, taking the bus if you prefer.

good luck and have a fun trip. cheers.

#5 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,814

Posted by clinesmiths on 18/7/2016 at 14:36

Hmm, yeah, not really funny :). I was asking if the domestic airline had rules (i.e non-refundable ticket) if the flight was missed, not the Cambodian government. I was assuming by your response it had something to do with not passing immediately through immigration.

So... if anyone knows what the domestic carrier's policy is on missed flights due to late international flights, would be great. Thanks. The airlines that fly there are Angkor, Bassaka and Bayon.

#6 clinesmiths has been a member since 12/7/2016. Posts: 6

Posted by Bridgequeen on 16/9/2016 at 22:19

It will depend what class ticket you buy - the more you pay the more flexible. I use Momondo for flights. Personally I would go with the suggestion to spend at least one night in PP, lots to do there for a day or two, I would also consider the bus, way way cheaper so not the end of the world if you don't make it. Giant Ibis is absolutely fine and can be booked online. One word of warning, if you plan on connecting to the bus the traffic in PP can be horrendous so allow plenty of time to get to the bus station, from memory it took me well over an hour earlier this year.

#7 Bridgequeen has been a member since 29/7/2013. Location: Earth. Posts: 55

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.