Text page

Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Homestay in Tonle Sap Lake?

Posted by macroscopios on 28/7/2016 at 00:04

I did something like that in Banteay Chmaar with a rural community tourism organization and stayed in the same house with a khmer family (I had my own room but shared toilet) and was amazing.

I wonder if there is any rural organization that does the same in Tonle Sap lake.. I am not looking for luxury (I can't afford it anyway) but a real experience and to help humble and honest local people, not somebody who has a company and pays little to nothing to their employers.

Have you done it or heard about it?

Any info is highly welcomed!

#1 macroscopios has been a member since 27/7/2016. Posts: 6

Posted by elenacopper365 on 28/7/2016 at 22:08

You can find the best homestay at Tripadvisor.com where you can read reviews about the homestay as well

#2 elenacopper365 has been a member since 28/6/2016. Posts: 18

Posted by somtam2000 on 28/7/2016 at 22:55 admin

The programme in Banteay Chmaar is well-established and has been running for years, but I'm not aware of anything with a similar scope on Tonle Sap lake. There are homestays out of Kompong Phluk and Kompong Khleang (google them) but I think they're mostly affiliated with tour companies and are.not.cheap.

You could probably just show up and see what you could arrange, or ask around in Siem Reap to canvas what options are available, but I'd be wary of going with the agency options you'll find online.

Sorry can't be of more help.

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,062

Posted by somtam2000 on 28/7/2016 at 22:56 admin

A bit out of left field, but Chi Phat has a similar set-up to Banteay Chhmar and may be of interest (if you haven't taken a look already).

Cheers

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,062

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.