Text page

Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Beaching in Cambodia

Posted by allblack on 24/10/2016 at 15:09

Hello,

We are two couples traveling in Laos/Cambodia from Dec 15th to Jan 7th. We were hoping to stay in Koh Rong Samloem for a couple of days around New Year, but it appears every decent place is booked (Agoda, Booking, ...).

I would like to know if,

a) it is recommended to show up there without reservation as good places might not be bookable on the internet. b) if some other islands/beaches would match up KRS and be less crowded around Jan 1st.

We're looking mostly for upscale bungalows around 75$ USD/night.

Thank you for your tips

#1 allblack has been a member since 24/10/2016. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 24/10/2016 at 22:46 admin

Have you tried contacting the resorts directly? I would do that now.

I actually just wrote about the Christmas Rush in this week's newsletter and Koh Rong and Koh Rong Samloem were two of the places I highlighted as being perhaps tricky over high season. I've copied the newsletter piece onto a separate thread here, so you may want to give it a read.

My advice to your particular situation would be contact directly the $75+ places you are looking at directly, today. Not tomorrow, today. Most places in that price bracket will be heavily represented by the online agents, so they may indeed be full.

That's not to say the islands are full - they won't be, not yet at least - but you may want to look at something cheaper and see if you can get something confirmed.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,062

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.