Text page

Cambodia

Cambodia forum

Kratie in March

Posted by caroc on 1/11/2016 at 09:57

I'm spending a few weeks in Cambodia (second visit) in March 2017 and I'm planning to take the bus from Phnom Penh to Kratie for a few days. I'd like to make it up to Kampi in the hope of seeing a dolphin or two. I know there is good info on this website, although I wonder why they say to "leave the camera behind" re dolphins. Is this a question of just "being there in the moment"? Has anyone had recent experience of Kratie town and province and would there be any disadvantage for a solo female traveller? Many thanks.

#1 caroc has been a member since 6/8/2016. Posts: 9

Posted by Lisa2014 on 1/11/2016 at 14:50

Take a camera if you want to take photos of the dolphins.

Don't take a camera if you don't want to take photos of the dolphins.

There are solo female travellers throughout Cambodia. Take the usual precautions about walking alone in the dark at night - catching a tuk tuk from restaurant to your hotel at night can be a good idea.

#2 Lisa2014 has been a member since 26/9/2014. Posts: 9

Posted by amnicoll on 2/11/2016 at 07:19

I really like Kratie the town center is small and compact and just apply the normal common sense you would anywhere else

No idea about the camera thing (not seen this recommendation myself) does not make sense on the face of it and even if you don't want to take photos of the dolphins then there are other thing you might want to take photos of

#3 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 976

Posted by caroc on 2/11/2016 at 15:53

Thanks amnicoll for a sensible answer. I just wanted a "feel" from someone who knew the town and area. I'm quite capable of looking after myself, just wondered if there were any particular points regarding Kratie. I'll be taking the camera!

#4 caroc has been a member since 6/8/2016. Posts: 9

Please login to add your reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.