Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

what airlines take me from Krabi to Siem Riep?

Posted by mark2u on 13/11/2016 at 01:58

Can anyone tell me an inexpensive way to fly from Krabi (I suppose via Bangkok) to Siem Riep?
Is there an inexpensive overland yet safe route?

#1 mark2u has been a member since 5/7/2016. Posts: 1

Posted by Captain_Bob on 13/11/2016 at 05:04

Transit via Don Muang (DMK) will probably have the best budget flight options. KBV-DMK on Air Asia, Nok Air, or Thai Lion Air, then DMK-REP on Air Asia. Of course price depends on when/how you book. Going by bus will be the cheapest road option but will take 15+ hours plus probable delays in Bangkok (might have to change stations) and land border procedure/hassles. Be careful with your baggage if taking a cheapo tourist bus from southern Thailand as theft of valuables from the luggage hold is a common problem. You could also mix it up by getting bus to Surat Thai then taking a sleeper train to Bangkok, then there are super-cheap 3rd class trains to the Cambodian border. Check out http://www.seat61.com/Thailand.htm

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,931

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.