Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

A must-seen to visit in Kampong Cham

Posted by Marine on 21/12/2016 at 04:35

Hi there !

Travelling in Cambodia, I went to Kampong Cham to visit the area.

I would like to share with you an amazing place to spend time for 2 or 3 days. I had the chance to discover randomly this place and extend my stay there. I think this place deserves to be shared and known to give the opportunity to the other travelers to enjoy their time in Kampong Cham as much as I did thanks to OBT.

Indeed, it is a NGO called OBT (standing for Organization for Basic Training). Near Kampong Cham at only 8 km across the bridge, this NGO aims to make free-of-charge and quality education accessible to all children so they have a chance to break out of the cycle of poverty and grow up to be independent and self reliant individuals. Being a grassroots organization, they realize that real change needs to involve the entire community of Chiro. This is why they also have other community projects besides the school. These include a water project, a plastic recycling project, an organic farm project, a handicraft project, a bamboo furniture project.

They welcome travelers in their home-stay rooms and private bungalows to share with them an insight of the authentic countryside Khmer way-of-life. They also have a restaurant all made in bamboo at the riverside where they serve Khmer and western dishes.

They also offer activities like traditional fishing excursions, oxcart ride, farming, etc.

Please, visit their website to know more and support them : https://www.obtcambodia.org/

Cheers,

Marine

#1 Marine has been a member since 21/12/2016. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.