Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Seeking hiking companions for Virachey nat park Veal Thom walk (Banlung)

Posted by Mattmccabe on 3/1/2017 at 03:41

I'm looking for hiking companions to share the cost of the 7 day Veal Thom trek in Virachey National Park some time around mid January - I am flexible with dates.

Trek details here:
https://virachey-ecotourism.jimdo.com/home-english/trekking-services/7-day-trip-veal-thom-grassland/

It's run by the Virachey National Park Ecotourism Office (banlung) and camping gear, as well as a park ranger and indigenous guide are provided in the cost. Ranger will help you buy food before. I've read it's an incredible hike and takes you to remote and beautiful parts of the park few people go. There are boat trips and home stays involved. The park is very at risk, so our money will be going to a great cause.

The cost is $513 USD. If I can find 2 more people to split the cost I can afford it (but the more I can get the cheaper it is for everyone).

I'm a friendly 26 year old Australian guy and I'm a very relaxed and accommodating hiking companion. If you're fitter than me and want to walk ahead I don't mind, if you're slower, or need to take lots of breaks I don't mind, if you want to talk a lot and get to know each other I welcome that, if you prefer your own company and quiet that's fine too... as you can see I just really want to do this trek, but can't afford $500 on my own.

Email: mattmccabe125@gmail.com
Instagram: bruno_drungery

Any suggestions on other websites/places to post this would be much appreciated.

Thanks - Matt

#1 Mattmccabe has been a member since 3/1/2017. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.