Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Motorbike rental in Siem Reap

Posted by lucasan on 18/1/2017 at 20:21

Motorbikes to rent are now available in Siem Reap .
Next to the Mekong Express Bus stop (Sivatha Boulevard) there are 2 places, one rents also e-bikes.
I rented a Yahama Fino 125 cc for 10 USD a day, 250 cc bigger bikes are 15 USD a day, in my opinion a bigger bike is not necessary to visit the temple areas.
Bikes seem in good conditions, very happy with the one I rented.
Now it' s a legal business, they give you a receipt and as usual keep your passport until you give back the bike.
No insurance available, but this is the standard in most places in Asia.
There is another place just 100 m away, Sivatha Boulevard corner to 2 Thnou Street, next to Air Asia ticket office.
I saw several people riding motorbikes in Angkor temple areas and there must other rentals in town.
Absolutlely no problem with tuk tuk drivers.
At most temples you can safely park your bike next to the ticket check point, they even show where to park. Safely leave your helmets on the bike.
Roads around Siem Reap are in good to very good conditions and driving is not more dangerous than driving in any european country, London or Rome are crazy compared to Angkor Wat area
In Siem Reap town you should pay a bit more attention, my advice: go slow:-)
If you drove a bike in any other asian town, you will find Siem Reap not being a problem.

Buy yourself a cambodian SIM card and with Googlemaps you'll never get lost.
Several companies sell SIM cards, Smart offers 8Gb for 30 days at 8 USD, very good coverage also in the countryside areas around Siem Reap and Battambang. I imagine nationwide as well. You need to show your passport to buy a SIM card in Cambodia

#1 lucasan has been a member since 14/11/2016. Posts: 10

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.