Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

SR-PP-Sihanoukville-Kampot-Koh Rong S

Posted by jacquelineira on 28/1/2017 at 21:55

Hi! I'll be traveling to Cambodia on July 3 to July 15. I'm planning my itinerary from Siem Reap to PP to Sihanoukville and to Kampot (to find the best peppers!) and to koh rong samloem?

From Siem Reap to PP I have it all figured it out. I just need your recommendations on things to do and see around SR and PP.

However, from Sihanoukville and going to Kampot and to Koh Rong I haven't figured it out yet.

can I go back from Sihanouk to Kampot (vise versa) within the day?

I'm planning to go to Koh rong after my day trip to Sihanouk and Kampot.

Any recommendation is greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

#1 jacquelineira has been a member since 28/1/2017. Posts: 3

Posted by amnicoll on 29/1/2017 at 02:42

Why not go to kampot from PP and then on to Sihanoukville but yes you can travel there and back in a day there by van or share taxi and back almost certainly only by share taxi depending on time you want to return

#2 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 837
 Send amnicoll a private message 

Posted by jacquelineira on 30/1/2017 at 00:09

that's fine with me. I wasn't sure at first. But I'll do two days in Sihanoukville and go to Kampot in between those days and then head to Koh Rong Samloem then back to Siem reap. Is there a direct bus from Sihanoukville to Siem Reap?

#3 jacquelineira has been a member since 28/1/2017. Posts: 3

Posted by jacquelineira on 30/1/2017 at 00:16

Would you suggest staying at Sihanoukville for two days instead? Or stay at Kampot for a day? I'll be heading to Koh Rong Samloem after Kampot.

#4 jacquelineira has been a member since 28/1/2017. Posts: 3

Posted by amnicoll on 30/1/2017 at 00:31

I can only repeat my advise go from PP to Kampot either for the afternoon or overnight on to Sihanoukville and then to the island

#5 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 837
 Send amnicoll a private message 

Posted by asteward on 5/4/2017 at 05:58

Consider taking the train from Phnom Penh to Kampot or Sihanoukville. It runs on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays and costs about $US6. PP to Kampot is 4 hours, a lot nicer and safer than by road, and when I took the train, it was on time. Be careful where you buy your Kampot pepper ... some places sell (lower quality) peppercorn from elsewhere and still say it is from Kampot!

#6 asteward has been a member since 10/1/2010. Posts: 1

Posted by acelou13 on 5/4/2017 at 22:11

I just left Cambodia, I would suggest staying in Kampot for a night or even two! It's a great town with cool bungalow guest houses (cheap), fun bars, and good food. Its got more of a local feel. If you're into National Parks, Kampot has Bokor NP right near town. Up in the Elephant Mountains, it's a nice getaway on scooters from the heat and people. Look into it! Transportation is easy shared taxis and if you're brave rent a scooter. Super fun. :)

#7 acelou13 has been a member since 5/4/2017. Posts: 1

Posted by headphonejack on 19/4/2017 at 04:20

You would have to stay two nights in Kampot. I stayed at the Mad Monkey Hotel and rented a moto from them. Room and moto maybe $24. Great place to ride around, up Bokor Mountain or over to Kep to the crab shacks for lunch...
People want to go to islands but in Cambodia I think the mainland is better . If you get good advice.

#8 headphonejack has been a member since 16/4/2017. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.