Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Flying into and out of Phnom Penh. Getting down south without going back through PP.

Posted by christay2009 on 7/5/2017 at 01:58

Hello all,

First post in a long time ...

I'm trying to plan a short vacation to Cambodia during the first couple of weeks of July. I have flight tickets into and out of Phnom Penh which has caused a bit of a headache planning the itinerary. I've included what I've got so far below.

One issue is could I get from Battambang to Siam Reap Airport for a 1:30pm flight? Would I need to hire my own car to do this trip? I would ideally like to avoid having to transit through PP again on the way south.

1- Phnon Penh Arrive at 5pm
2- Phnon Penh
3- Leave Phnon Penh to Siam Reap - BUS
4 - Siam Reap
5- Siam Reap
6- Siam Reap
7 - Go to to BB
8 - BB
9 - Leave BB to Siem Reap airport - fly to Sihanoukville
10 - Go to an Island
11 - Island
12 - Back from Island to Sihanoukville then to PP
13 - REST IN PP
14 - Leave

If I was unlucky and it was forecast rain during my 'Island' time I would likely just go to Kampot instead.

Is this a workable itinerary?

Thanks for your assistance

#1 christay2009 has been a member since 8/2/2009. Location: China. Posts: 415
 Send christay2009 a private message 

Posted by amnicoll on 7/5/2017 at 06:07

I would go to Batambang first and then Siem Reap and do away with the problem

#2 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 873
 Send amnicoll a private message 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by mikal83 on 22/5/2017 at 07:26

Agree with above, we went Kampot----PP---BB--boat to SR, then bus to Stung and up thru Laos...

#3 mikal83 has been a member since 19/1/2015. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 139
 Send mikal83 a private message   Where has mikal83 been? 

Posted by dchinmay on 31/5/2017 at 01:03

Hello christay, nice itinerary, I think you should be doing Battambang first and then Siem Reap. Also you can change the island part. Since you are going in July there is possibility of rain. You can therefore consider Kampot. It will save your time swinging back and forth and enjoy your journey.

#4 dchinmay has been a member since 22/2/2017. Posts: 4

Posted by Babades on 21/6/2017 at 05:45

Battambang before SR is the go, much easier that way, just got back from Koh Rong Samoleum, and now in Kampot , if you only have a day or 2 just do Kampot and Kep, the weathers changing you might get stuck on an island our boat back was very exciting to say the least especially after we were instructed to don life vests

#5 Babades has been a member since 6/5/2017. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.