Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Cambodia, Laos& Myanmar 1st time.

Posted by Raycar on 18/5/2017 at 18:51

Hi, my husband & I are in the process of planning a 3 month trip next Jan to April trip. We already booked our flights in & out of Phnom Penh. We would to see Laos & Myranmar if possible. Any suggestions as to a route to take or things to see? Any & all suggestions are appreciated. We don't mind catching trains, buses or whatever. Thanks.

#1 Raycar has been a member since 17/5/2017. Posts: 1

Posted by amnicoll on 20/5/2017 at 05:49

welcome,

Without having any idea about your interests I am somewhat stuck. All I can say now is use logic

I suggest you read up a little first - there is masses of info on this excellent site to help you and perhaps then come back with more specific questions

#2 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 834
 Send amnicoll a private message 

Posted by mikal83 on 22/5/2017 at 08:16

The long term route as suggested in the itineries section is handy, we followed it pretty much 2 yrs ago But started/finished in Bangkok with a flight to Hanoi ending in BKK. From BKK you could fly to Rangoon and do a 2 week loop by train, then return back to BKK and up north by bus/train down thru Laos boat and bus.

I personally would have used PP as a starting point its awkward as its 1/2 way.

#3 mikal83 has been a member since 19/1/2015. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 114
 Send mikal83 a private message   Where has mikal83 been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.