Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

One month through cambodia: looking for hints!

Posted by huongduong on 26/6/2017 at 09:54

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi everyone!
i'm currently in china and planned to spend the winter holidays (jan/12 to feb/13) travelling around cambodia with my boyfriend. we're arriving at and leaving from bangkok.

i want to enjoy tropical beaches but at the same time i don't want to miss the temples and the lush nature of this beautiful country.
i figured out a rough list of the places i'd like to hit: bangkok, maybe one or two thai islands (koh samet, koh chang?), peam krasop, koh kong, sihanoukville and islands (really need help to choose which!), kampot, phnom penh, siem reap, and then back to bangkok. do you think it's too much for one month?

it's my first time in this part of the world so i'm looking for advices of any kind! in particular, i'd like to know what do you think about including thai islands in the itinerary and how many days would you recommend in the various places. i want to manage the time wisely enough to get at least two weeks of relax on the beach.

any suggestion will be very useful! thanks!

#1 huongduong has been a member since 26/6/2017. Posts: 1

Posted by amnicoll on 27/6/2017 at 06:31

Personally I have never understood moving from island to island (unless of course you do not like the one you are on) but that is your choice.

How long to spend at each is hard for anyone to advise but I would give Sihanoukville a miss (apart from transit) and suggest 3 full days in Siem reap.

between koh kong and sihanoukville is the village of Chi Phat set on the edge of the Cardamon Mountains and jungle which could be a completely different experience from yet another beach

#2 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 873
 Send amnicoll a private message 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.