Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Quiet island(s ) with little/no wifi ?

Posted by Heyy on 26/9/2017 at 15:03

Hi! Me and my pertner are planning to visit some quiet and peaceful island (but I am aslo open to other places on the mainland), where we could find huts/rooms without wifi, and no loud night life and maybe no/little electricity and traffic... all suggestion welcome, also in other countries, thanks!

#1 Heyy has been a member since 26/9/2017. Posts: 3

Posted by exacto on 26/9/2017 at 16:43

First place that comes to mind is Gili Air off the coast of Lombok in Indonesia. Wi-Fi was plentiful when I visited, but so were quiet and peaceful stretches of the island, largely because cars and motorcycles are not permitted on the island. Good gelato too, if that matters to you.
But it would depend on when you plan to go, as there seems to be a volcano ready to erupt on nearby Bali that would make travel logistics a problem.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,766
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by amnicoll on 27/9/2017 at 06:50

I assume you are looking at Cambodia and not Indonesia

Check out:

https://www.travelfish.org/islands/19

Also somewhere like Chi Phat might fit most of the bill as a village on the mainland but sometimes awoken by the chickens but nowhere in cambodia will be quiet if there is a wedding or funeral

https://www.travelfish.org/location/cambodia/southern_cambodia/koh_kong/chi_phat

#3 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 923
 Send amnicoll a private message 

Posted by Heyy on 1/10/2017 at 09:01

Thanks Amnicoll, Chit Phat sounds what we are looking for. No worries for chickens and local customs, that's no the problem, just need avoid tourist traps and party/stressful/crowded places. Concerning your previous suggestion in the same post, it's not possible to klick on the link... I'm open to indonesia or any other asia country as well...

#4 Heyy has been a member since 26/9/2017. Posts: 3

Posted by amnicoll on 2/10/2017 at 04:20

Just google Chi Phat there is a village site, the travelfish site and a number of videos on you tube (looking the other night with friends and surprised to see my self lying in hammock on video shot by some Cambodians

When might you be there? I have a couple of visits planned

#5 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 923
 Send amnicoll a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.