Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Planning route

Posted by Louise73 on 3/4/2018 at 05:07

I am currently in India and was hoping to go to Cambodia for around 10-12 days before flying back here.

I would have to fly to Bangkok from Delhi and then travel to Cambodia from there. Also on return i would have to fly back from.Bangkok to Calcutta so need to factor in these transfers in my time above.

What I want from my trip is to see Angkor Wat and to focus on the local food, I would like to go to Kep or similar location for the fresh crab.

So is it doable to visit for such short time?
From Bangkok should I head to couple of beaches and then to Siem Reap or vice versa and then to Bangkok?

Will I will be able to add phenom peh?

All advice appreciated!

Sorry for typos

#1 Louise73 has been a member since 31/1/2006. Posts: 15

Posted by somtam2000 on 8/4/2018 at 20:05 admin

Hi,

For beaches it would depend very much on what time of the year you are planning on going, so let me know and can advice. Otherwise, consider something like:

Delhi->Bangkok-> Siem Reap (fly all this)

4 days in Siem Reap (consider SR Street food tours, co-run by an ex-Travelfish writer for your food angle. Everyone I know who has done the tour has loved it.)

Bus to Phnom Penh

2-3 days in Phnom Penh

Bus to Kep

2-3 days there

Bus back to Phnom Penh then flight to Bangkok and on to Calcutta.

Hope this helps, more questions, ask away.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,996
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.