Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Angor Wat

Posted by ourdub on 27/2/2019 at 20:16

With all the talk about big crowds at Angor Wat I'd like to share our experience there this past February at what should be high season. We stayed at a lovely Air Bnb called Treetops just outside of the downtown area in a typical quiet Siem Reap neighborhood where the soft sound of bells and monks chanting and birds chirping was our musical atmosphere. Or hosts there, Christy and Sock helped us to have a great experience both at Angor Wat and at other unique places nearby. They are generous with their hospitality and their elevated bungalows off the ground among the tree tops.

Sok offers the best tour I've ever experienced 9and the most fun) For $40 you can ride on the back of Sok's motorbike and if you have a partner a separate bike and driver. All i can tell you is that we spent most of our time at Angor negotiating small dirt trails to get u from one temple to another. We saw the sun rise behind Angor approaching almost totally alone as the magnificent temple was illuminated in perfect incandescence. As we explored the back trails of the park, if we got to a temple it was too crowded we went along to another. Sok is born and raised in Siem Reap and knows more about it than anyone I've met so far. For those who want a beautiful and exhilarating experience i can't recommend Sock and Treetops too highly. i went back twice more on my own and although i thoroughly enjoyed the experiences our first day with Sok was by far the best!!

#1 ourdub has been a member since 18/12/2018. Posts: 1

Heading to Thailand?
Heading to Thailand?
Ad Search for cheap flights to Thailand
on Skyscanner.

skyscanner.com

Read more

Posted by wanderer143 on 10/10/2019 at 12:37

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. Cheers.

#2 wanderer143 has been a member since 2/11/2014. Posts: 120

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.