Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Cambodia Angkor Air the worst airline ever

Posted by fairall on 6/3/2019 at 09:39

I recently booked a flight with Cambodia Angkor Air CAA from Saigon to Phnom Penh and I paid $150 for the 1 hour flight with a 20kg luggage allowance, or so I thought. At the airport the CAA desk was open and the flight clerks were there but they kept us waiting standing for another 30 minutes. When I got served some officious little supervisor told me that we were only allowed 1 checked in piece of luggage, so I must take my 2 backpacks weighing a max of 12 kg to a wrapping machine to make it into 1. I couldnt believe it luggage normally goes by weight and I had paid for a 20 kg allowance. So I had to leave my place in line to take my 2 backpacks to be wrapped into 1 for a further $9. When I returned to the check in desk the officious supervisor told me < You are too angry so I have cancelled your ticket, you cannot fly, and there is no compensation> . I was astounded. Yes I was angry over their cheap and nasty little pricing scam, but only under my breath, and I never ever, ever direct my anger against an employee of a company, so what he did was an unjust and disgraceful treatment of a customer.
In Cambodia I asked a Cambodian friend who has a travel agency why do CAA treat their customers so attrociously. And he said < Oh easy, they now have a constant flood - more like a tsunami- of Chinese people coming into Cambodia and CAA will find any small excuse to cancel a passengers ticket to resell it the Chinese who will pay 2 to 3 times the advertised price for the same ticket on the day. Plus, as they have got more business CAA have become more arrogant >.
CAA is owned by by Vietnam Airliness who have a monopoly on the Saigon to Phnom Penh route so they just treat customers in which ever way the feel like. Therefore, I will not be using either of these airlines ever again for their appalling treatment of me. And I wish to warn any fellow travelers in the future never to use this scam airline.

#1 fairall has been a member since 16/10/2016. Posts: 2

Experience the Andaman Sea
Experience the Andaman Sea
Ad Spend 3 days / 2 nights on The Junk
From US$400.

liveaboard.com

Read more

Posted by jorowa on 12/5/2019 at 10:28

Sorry to hear about your experience. I have no plans to travel to Cambodia although I live in Vietnam, but will let others know.

I'm curious about what further arrangements you made or actions you took after your flight was cancelled.

#2 jorowa has been a member since 24/2/2011. Location: United States. Posts: 14
 Send jorowa a private message   Where has jorowa been? 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.