Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Good French Speaking guide for Angkor

Posted by familyonthemove on 13/2/2008 at 15:09

We will be seven adults to visiting Siem Reap and its temples for five days in March.

With 5 of us between 75-85 years old and mainly French speaking, we need to organise our visit accordingly. I know it is not difficult to organise tour guides via hotels, but a good and knowledgable guide makes all the difference and I would like to know if there is a way of finding an authorised French-speaking guide (through Tour Guides Association, or other organisations).

Also with seven people, I assume that a minivan would be best, especially as we would like to visit some temples further out.

Thank you.

#1 familyonthemove has been a member since 6/2/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by gilouzarco on 20/2/2008 at 12:42

Francais je suis proprietaire d une Guest house au centre de Siem Reap 10 chambres tout confort de 8 a 12 dollars.Lovely guest suis en contact avec le meilleur guide francophone,ecrivain etc...Faites moi savoir le plus rapidement possible si vous etes interesse.Merci.Gilles.

#2 gilouzarco has been a member since 20/2/2008. Posts: 1

Posted by familyonthemove on 20/2/2008 at 13:03

Merci Gilles. Etant donne l'age plutot avance de mes parents et leurs amis, nous restons dans des bungalows au calme en dehors du centre pour qu'ils puissent se reposer entre les visites. Ceci dit je connais beaucoup de gens qui cherchent des guesthouses au centre.

Mes parents et leurs amis sont tres interesses par l'histoire et la culture et ca serait un grand plus d'avoir un bon guide qui puissent leur faire decouvrir Angkor en francais. Comment est-ce que je peux en savoir plus sur ce guide et ses prestations? Nous y serons du 3 au 7 mars. Je suis joiganble a l'adresse email suivante:

#3 familyonthemove has been a member since 6/2/2008. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.