Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Pol Pots ashes

Posted by goo_stewart on 17/4/2008 at 10:07

Can anyone tell me the exact location of Pol Pots ashes? I am also looking for the nearest place with accomodation to them. I realise this is a bit morbid, but I just wanna go see the fucker is actually dead....

#1 goo_stewart has been a member since 10/10/2007. Posts: 69
 Website 

Posted by somtam2000 on 17/4/2008 at 10:40 admin

You want to go to Anlong Veng (which is a kinda cool little town btw). We've got a pic of Pol Pot's grave here... could save you the trip ;-)

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,706
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by goo_stewart on 17/4/2008 at 20:16

Thanks Somtam, you don't know anything about the state of the roads do you? I am going cycling up there and don't want to slog through mud. Also, do you know if the area is heavily mined - I've had my near-death experience with them and don't fancy another one. Is there mines near the roads (wet season tends to dislodge and sweep the mines into the roads if they are placed too close to the roads)?

#3 goo_stewart has been a member since 10/10/2007. Posts: 69
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.