Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

From Battambang to Thailand

Posted by Tuli on 20/4/2008 at 16:30

Hola! We are planning to spend a couple of days in Battambang (following our visit to Angkor) and then go to Thailand. Is it easy to get from Battambang to Aranyaprathet, seems quite close right?
thanks for your help!

#1 Tuli has been a member since 20/4/2008. Posts: 3

Posted by goo_stewart on 20/4/2008 at 16:41

Yeah, quite easy, you can take a taxi or a bus. It's about 125Km over good roads until Sisaphon then the road becomes crappier (although work was ongoing last time I went through, it may be sealed completely now). I can't tell you how long it takes in a bus as I have only cycled it.

#2 goo_stewart has been a member since 10/10/2007. Posts: 69

Posted by creativeguy on 22/4/2008 at 06:07

I did that trip in January this year. My hotel in Battambang arranged a shared taxi for $7 or $9 depending on rear or front seat. The taxi dropped me at the border, you clear customs, get a tuk-tuk on the other side and it will take you to the bus station. I took the bus to the Mo Chit station. The taxi ride was only a couple hours and the road was in better shape than in the past.

#3 creativeguy has been a member since 14/11/2006. Location: Earth. Posts: 19
 Send creativeguy a private message   Where has creativeguy been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.