Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Aranyaprathet to Nong Khai

Posted by Layabout on 22/7/2008 at 20:21

What is the best way to get to Nong Khai after coming from Cambodia at Poiphet crossing without going back into Bangkok Thanks

#1 Layabout has been a member since 17/3/2008. Posts: 27

Posted by Dasu on 23/7/2008 at 13:40

Take the bus from the bus terminal in Aranya Prathet to Korat (Nakon Ratchisima). Korat is the main hub for the north east. From Korat you can either take another bus or the train to Nong Khai. My preference would be the train. Check the schedules before because I think there is only one or two trains per day. Also prebook your train tickets ahead of time if you can. The train leaves from Bangkok and is often full by the time it gets to Korat. There are several buses each day from Korat to Nong Khai. If you miss one,take a bus to Udon Thani and then take a local bus to Nong Khai.

This will give you a local feel to your travels as not to many travellers take this route. Enjoy your trip. I hope this was helpful.

#2 Dasu has been a member since 20/7/2008. Posts: 4

Posted by Layabout on 23/7/2008 at 17:01

I was looking at a map and wondering if I could do that. Now I know, I want to see more of the locals and country instead of flying from place to place or travelling the normal tourist routes so I'll be heading that way. Thanks for the advice

#3 Layabout has been a member since 17/3/2008. Posts: 27

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.