Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Posted by mattconn on 23/7/2008 at 14:02

Hi All

My wife and I are planning to travel from HCMC to Phnom Penh via the Mekong Delta in mid October. We're undecided if we'll do an organised tour or DIY, but we know we'd like to travel at least part of the way by boat.

My question is: Are there any issues with river flooding at this time of year? Has anyone experienced the Mekong at this time of year, and what were your experiences like if so?

Thank you all for your help!

#1 mattconn has been a member since 3/3/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 23/7/2008 at 17:03 admin

I've done the speedboat service from Phnom Penh to Chau Doc in early November and had no major issues re flooding. It's a very scenic trip.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,651
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by mattconn on 24/7/2008 at 05:40

Thanks for the reply Somtam, that's what I wanted to hear!

Obviously it's a bit slower going upstream but I'd imagine that wouldn't be too much of a problem, just more time on the boat.

Very much looking forward to it!

#3 mattconn has been a member since 3/3/2008. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.