Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

china visa in hong kong

Posted by peppermintpaddy on 27/7/2008 at 00:55

anyone know how easy it is to get china visa in hong kong?Do you need to show hotel bookings and return flights to get a visa ,like you do in the uk?help required asap-thanx

#1 peppermintpaddy has been a member since 29/6/2008. Posts: 12

Posted by phantom8688 on 9/7/2010 at 15:26

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hong Kong visa
Hope this help!

#2 phantom8688 has been a member since 9/7/2010. Posts: 1

Posted by svendj on 13/7/2010 at 19:09

It's the best place to get your chinese visa. If you do this in HK you can get a 3 month visa for china for the price of a 1 month visa. at least that's what they did for me. Probably cause they don't want you to do visa runs every month.
Just go to some tourist center and ask them to fix it for you, It's always ready within 1 day.

#3 svendj has been a member since 30/4/2010. Location: Belgium. Posts: 196
 Send svendj a private message   Where has svendj been? 

Posted by cantrav123 on 20/4/2011 at 13:26

Just go to some tourist center and ask them to fix it for you, It's always ready within 1 day.

I must say that I strongly disagree with going to a tourist center/agency to get a Chinese Visa in Hong Kong. I just went to a CTS (china travel services is everywhere in HK) and they wanted 120$ US for a single entry visa completed in two days. Luckily I didn't do this and I went to the Chinese Consulate (by Wan Chai MTR) on HK Island. I paid 400HKD (roughly 55$ US) for the same visa BUT PROCESSED ONE DAY!

I would also recommend avoiding them for Vietnamese Visas as you can obtain a Vietnamese Visa from the consulate (about a 15 minute walk from the Chinese Consulate) in 30 minutes...that's right I said 30 minutes. It will be about 1/2 the cost that CTS will try and charge you.

#4 cantrav123 has been a member since 4/3/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by caseyprich on 20/4/2011 at 13:35

Peppermintpaddy - where are you going in China?

#5 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Send caseyprich a private message   Where has caseyprich been? 

Posted by peppermintpaddy on 20/4/2011 at 18:44

thanx for all your answers guys,but my first query was back in 2008!
I have since been to China and went to Shenzhen and Wuhan,also a trip to see the 3 gorges.......China is fascinating....but soooooo strange.....you need to have someone with you who can speak Mandarin (like I did) otherwise IMO,its just too difficult to do anything...

#6 peppermintpaddy has been a member since 29/6/2008. Posts: 12

Posted by caseyprich on 21/4/2011 at 07:48

ha! good to see your still subscribed to the thread.

#7 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Send caseyprich a private message   Where has caseyprich been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.