Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Backpacker Accomodation in Phnom Penh

Posted by Playground on 25/9/2008 at 02:34

I trying to look for area where all backpacker joint is, looks to me it scattered everywhere in Pnomh Penh. Rather in HCMC - Pham Ngu Lao, Siem Reap - Old Market are. Any suggestion where should I stay during my trip to PP?

#1 Playground has been a member since 22/9/2008. Posts: 8

Posted by lovelygh on 25/9/2008 at 12:58

Hello,
actually, in PP, a lot of backpackers go to the Boeung Lake.
You will find many guesthouses, restaurants, and all facilities for tourists there.
The rooms and food are cheaper than siem reap, but most of the accomodation are ugly, well, were, because i went there 2 years ago, so maybe it changed.
Anyway, this is the backpackers place in PP.
Have a good trip.

#2 lovelygh has been a member since 24/9/2008. Posts: 10

Posted by mrparanoid on 21/10/2008 at 16:01

I guess lakeside and Boeung Lake is the same place.. I was there once to play some pool. It is infested to the brim with backpackers who want to travel to far away places only to stay with other backpackers and avoid locals and local culture..
Hehe.. Sorry. That was a bit negative. It is actually a nice area with very cheap accommodation. I think you can get rooms as low as $5 a night. A lot of small cozy bars in the area as well. I got a little put off by all the people trying to sell you drugs there though. If you are looking for a cheap room in a "western-orientated" area this is the area to stay :)

#3 mrparanoid has been a member since 2/6/2008. Posts: 35

Posted by somtam2000 on 22/10/2008 at 10:30 admin

Lakeside remains the main backpacker scene (for now), with the area around Narin Guesthouse being the second main area people stay.

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,707
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.