Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Motorcycling from Thailand to Cambodia

Posted by krazyoldkeoni on 5/10/2008 at 22:39

Sawaddi Khrap Everybody, I live near Jomtien/Pattaya and I'm thinking of driving to Cambodia via Koh Kong on my small Honda Wave 125cc, Has anyone some info on border crossing with a motorbike (registered in my name in Thailand and therefore bearing Thai Plates)???

#1 krazyoldkeoni has been a member since 5/10/2008. Posts: 3

Posted by somtam2000 on 6/10/2008 at 14:32 admin

The GT Rider website has a good section on this -- you might want to give them a try if nobody pipes up with an answer here.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,943
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code

Posted by Nisseyaklom on 9/10/2008 at 08:05

Did the other way around on my Cambo reg Transalp, no problem at all.
Have a friend in Korat who comes to Cambodia once or twice a year on his Thai reg MC, he crosses over at O'Smach due to it's near his home. Always without problem

#3 Nisseyaklom has been a member since 2/12/2007. Posts: 40

Posted by krazyoldkeoni on 9/10/2008 at 12:20

Thanks Guys; The GT website is indeed very infomative, but now after checking it out, I am a bit confused: I'm not sure if my ownership booklet is sufficient (together with my passport of course) or if I also need that "authorisation to export" document they talk about???
What about your friend from Korat how does he go about it?

#4 krazyoldkeoni has been a member since 5/10/2008. Posts: 3

Posted by krazyoldkeoni on 9/10/2008 at 12:26

Sorry I meant the ITP International Transport Permit or Vehicle Registration Certificate, and not the authorisation to export 'cause the bike is registered in my name and I have the small, thai ownership booklet with me

#5 krazyoldkeoni has been a member since 5/10/2008. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.