Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

From Phnom Penh to Koh Kong

Posted by ahxian on 19/10/2008 at 23:35

Hi. I'm traveling with 3 pals from Phnom Penh to Bangkok. To get to the border crossing, we plan to book a whole taxi from Phnom Penh. Would like to find out the cost and time needed for the trip to Koh Kong. Thanks.

#1 ahxian has been a member since 23/8/2008. Posts: 4

Posted by jacswart on 12/2/2009 at 09:05

I was forced back from the Thai border because my girlfriend (Chinese) couldn't get a Thai visa, despite officials in Thailand assuring us that she could. We had no accommodation in Koh Kong and had to travel back to Phnom Penh in the dead of night. We paid a hundred US for it. If you haggle you should get it for a lot cheaper. When in Koh Kong, avoid the "Koh Kong Guest House," Day time they have no water and we were treated very rudely by staff.

#2 jacswart has been a member since 8/4/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 12/2/2009 at 14:40 admin

Between US$35 and $40 for share taxi (whole car) from Phnom Penh to Ko Kong.

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,710
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by mrparanoid on 5/3/2009 at 15:38

I do think the price has gone up a bit.. I just took a trip from Battambang to Phnom Penh and despite being 2 Khmers and ordering transport through one of their friends it cost $50. We tried 3 different people.. They would rather not go if they were offered less than $50.

It might be a bit more expensive than it used to be to Koh Kong too.

I also heard it was supposed to cost $30 from Siem Reap to Battambang. It cost $40.

#4 mrparanoid has been a member since 2/6/2008. Posts: 35

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.