Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Help needed to travel from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh

Posted by southafrican on 26/10/2008 at 04:59

Hi,

I've done loads of searching on the internet and can't find any easy answer to my question.

I'm wanting to travel from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City via the Makong Delta. I would preferably prefer to travel by boat/the most scenic route or lastly by bus. What is the best way to do this if I want to travel and arrive in Ho Chi Minh City by Thursday night/Friday morning?

I hope this makes sense!

Thanks for the help :)

#1 southafrican has been a member since 26/10/2008. Posts: 3

Posted by somtam2000 on 26/10/2008 at 18:14 admin

You can get a boat from Phnom Penh to Chau Doc which is just over the border into Vietnam. From there you can bus it further into the Delta (or Saigon) or enquire after travelling further into the delta by boat. There are not regular passenger boats onwards from Chau Doc , so you have to "make it up as you go" -- getting rides on cargo boats etc.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,707
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.