Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Ko Kong to Sihanoukville by boat?

Posted by krisim on 16/11/2008 at 18:52

I read somewhere that the boat from Ko Kong to Sihanoukville had stopped operating for a while, but may start again in high season.
Does anyone know what happened? If there is a boat again can you stop at Ko Sdach and then take a boat another day the rest of the way to Sihanoukville?
Is there another way (maybe by bus when you get to the mainland) to get from Ko Sdach to Sihanoukville?
Would be great if someone could help me with these questions.

#1 krisim has been a member since 20/7/2006. Posts: 36

Posted by somtam2000 on 17/11/2008 at 08:37 admin

Last I heard the boat wasn't running, but was running from Ko Kong to Ko Sdach only.

From Ko Sdach , you can get a runabout over to the mainland, and I assume there would be some form of onwards transport to Sihanoukville, but I've got no details at all on that -- try it out and report back!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,652
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Aenimal on 13/12/2009 at 15:28

Any update on this?

We're going to Koh Kong soon and it would be nice to continue on with a boat...

#3 Aenimal has been a member since 13/12/2009. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.