Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Tranquility Guesthouse in Sihanoukville was amazing - the rest was horrid

Posted by tlm44 on 19/11/2008 at 10:57

I am not sure about others but what a different experience I had there. I loved loved loved everything I have done so far in Cambodia so figured days at the beach. Well on the way there my camera got stolen 0 my own fault but I did just eat a tarantula.... then upon arriving they would only take me to the GST guesthouse. Figuring I was a dumb tourist they tried to take me for a fortune for everything....

Plus no one had any real interest in a blonde girl... and I had something slipped in a drink - thank goodness I realized soon enough to get home alone.

Then I moved to Tranquility Guesthouse ( life did change a bit. I was told the kids selling on the beach are offered school for free but are being encouraged to sell to encourage a life of prostitution plus a lot worse....

so other than a wonderful pub called Sessions - where I met a great friend who sells amazing tshirts - Ida - I am not sure I'd go again!

#1 tlm44 has been a member since 25/9/2008. Posts: 11

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.