Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Boat to Siem Reap from Kampong Chhnang

Posted by sarahmlowry on 20/11/2008 at 21:42

Has anyone found a boat to Siem Reap from Kampong Chhnang? It seems logical that they exist but no-one in PP seemed to be able to confirm that. Any recent experiences to report? Thank you!

#1 sarahmlowry has been a member since 17/8/2008. Posts: 3

Posted by somtam2000 on 21/11/2008 at 06:04 admin

The boat from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap often (though not always) stops at Kompong Chhnang. Suggest you check with the ferry operator -- if it doesn't then land transport is the only way.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,710
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Ruthyp on 5/12/2008 at 01:51

I recently took the boat from PP to Siem Reap and it did stop to pick up people from Kompomg Chhnang. You do have to be taken out into the middle of the river, where the boat will slow down and pick you up. I forget the name of the operator but I can check if you like? It wasn't cheap though at $35, obviously less from Komong Chhnang.

#3 Ruthyp has been a member since 5/12/2008. Posts: 7

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.