Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Pakse to Siam Riep (how long?)

Posted by Freddy69 on 23/11/2008 at 17:41

Hi!

I will be doing this trip, there is good info on this site on crossing the boarder and about arranging with a travel agent. I will doing the trip with an agent, but I am wondering how long the trip will take?

Thank you.

#1 Freddy69 has been a member since 6/9/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 24/11/2008 at 19:10 admin

Hi Freddy,

Have heard of agents offering this service same day -- ie leave 4000 islands early morning, arrive Siem Reap early evening. Would imagine actual trip time would vary according to weather, delays etc, but regardless you're looking at a full day of travel.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,576
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by lmbeer on 25/11/2008 at 07:32

Hi,

I'm also looking at doing this trip (but in the reverse - Siem Reap to 4000 islands).

I was wondering whether the bus goes through Phnom Penh. It would be out of the way, but maybe the more direct roads make travel even slower???

I would prefer to go the quickest way, but if the bus does go through PP I would stop there for a couple of nights. If not, I will go to PP before heading to Siem Reap .

Thanks,

Lachie

#3 lmbeer has been a member since 4/8/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by jungleland on 30/11/2008 at 15:08

Heading to S.R. to/from Laos your best bet is to change in Kompong Cham

#4 jungleland has been a member since 30/10/2008. Posts: 21

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.