Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

PP to SR: bus vs. boat

Posted by EmBees on 15/12/2008 at 08:06

Wondering if folks have opinions on whether it was better to take the bus or the boat from Phenom Penh to Siem Reap? And/or where I should look for more info on what the boat option is like. I think I'll be taking a slow boat from Chau Doc to PP - are those to SR similar?

Thanks!

#1 EmBees has been a member since 13/12/2008. Posts: 7

Posted by somtam2000 on 16/12/2008 at 10:02 admin

The boat trip from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap is scenic at the start and the end -- the middle is pretty boring. If the weather is good I'd sit on the roof, with a big fat hat and a litre of sunscreen -- I'd avoid sitting downstairs if possible. If it's raining, catch the bus.

Most tend to do it once, and the bus thereafter. The bus is cheaper and faster.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,576
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by jungleland on 16/12/2008 at 10:37

Agree on the P.P. -S.R. trip, it's a rip off. The boat(s) trip between C.D. and P.P. is much more picturesque and enjoyable, just six other folk on board when i last did it, take some snacks and drink.

#3 jungleland has been a member since 30/10/2008. Posts: 21

Posted by Apoloplaza on 11/1/2009 at 20:07

I want to go to PP by baot. Is it good or not?

#4 Apoloplaza has been a member since 10/1/2009. Posts: 27

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.