Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Siem Reap airways

Posted by houska on 15/12/2008 at 18:35

Just a heads up. Seems Siem Reap airways has stopped operating. We had tickets (via the Discovery Airpass) with them for Luang Prabang - Siem Reap (direct flight) and have been shifted automatically to a connecting flight with Bangkok Airways. Our agent let us know, heads up for others.

#1 houska has been a member since 20/11/2008. Posts: 8

Posted by EmBees on 15/12/2008 at 21:57

Thanks, I'd read about Siem Reap Airways discontinuing their flights (imagine this is the fall-out from the admonishment over their safety standards?) and was wondering how it was affecting Discovery Airpass ticket holders. Other experiences as smooth as this?

I am hoping to use the Airpass for tickets in February and am wondering about the number and flexibility of flights with one airline dropping out of the mix. Do people have any other information or opinions on this?

#2 EmBees has been a member since 13/12/2008. Posts: 7

Posted by somtam2000 on 16/12/2008 at 10:09 admin

SiemReap Airways is owned by Bangkok Airways, so I'd assume BA will be taking over their flights until SRA gets their act together.

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,652
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.