Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

From Siem Reap via Battambang to Koh Chang

Posted by mjldsk on 6/1/2009 at 04:43

Dear travellers,

I am planning to travel from Siem Reap to Koh Chang with a stopover (1 day) in Battambang. This route seems very attractive to me. I am planning to cross the border at Pailin. As I am in Cambodia for the first time, I would be grateful for any advices. Could you please give me some hints concerning adequate transportation (Bus or Taxi)? Is it possible to complete the route from Battambang to Koh Chang in one day?

Thank you very much in advance.

#1 mjldsk has been a member since 6/1/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by Solaris on 13/1/2009 at 20:04

Hi there,
I do hope you will get some answers as we are interested too. We are contemplating going the other way, from Ko Chang (where we are staying at KP Huts) to Siam Rep.

#2 Solaris has been a member since 1/7/2008. Posts: 11

Posted by somtam2000 on 14/1/2009 at 07:14 admin

Yes, you can do it in a day. See the border crossing FAQ for details on crossing the border - once you get to Chanthaburi there are regular buses to Trat for Ko Chang etc.

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,706
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Solaris on 20/1/2009 at 08:07

Thanks for the imput!

#4 Solaris has been a member since 1/7/2008. Posts: 11

Posted by nathantraveler on 1/2/2009 at 22:03

You can do it in one day. I did a similar route recently ( Siem Reap to Ko Maak), but I decided to do a stopover in Trat . Trat is a nice city, with cheap accomodation. I paid THB150 for a room with shared bathroom. Accomodation there is much cheaper than in Ko Chang or Ko Maak. If you do the trip in one day, you'll arrive late in Ko Chang. Instad, stay 1 night in Trat, saving in accomodation and food, and visit the night market. Teh next morning go to Ko Chang. What I did, December 21st 2008, was: Shared taxi from Siem Reap to Poipet, USD10, 3 hours. Teh road is half dirt but ok, half new pavement, very good. It took me one hour in the Thailand immigration to get my passport stamped. Then I got bahts in an ATM and took a tuktuk to AranyaPrathet bus station, where I took a bus to Chantanaburi and from there a bus to Trat.

#5 nathantraveler has been a member since 27/1/2009. Posts: 5

Posted by nedz on 2/2/2009 at 18:17

Hi , long ago some guy i met in battambang, said he did the Paillin way and it was insane.
still a good trip to go via aranya, especs the boarder xing. Nedzxx

#6 nedz has been a member since 14/9/2008. Posts: 26

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.