Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Siam Reap - Bangkok by Train

Posted by charfang7861 on 12/1/2009 at 17:54

HI,
Has anyone ever taken this train and know if it is running end of Jan period? or if tickets can be bought in advance?

#1 charfang7861 has been a member since 11/1/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by exacto on 13/1/2009 at 07:51

Hola,

There is a feature article on the Travelfish website called "How do I get from Bangkok to Siem Reap " that you may want to read. It is at:

https://www.travelfish.org/feature/71

To the best of my knowledge, there is no train from Siem Reap to Bangkok. There is a train from near the Thai-Cambodian border at Aranyaprathet (in Thailand) to Bangkok. You can read more about it, including timetable and fare info, in the above article. Regards.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,685
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Posted by yaamahaga on 13/1/2009 at 15:41

It is a bit of a bumpy ride - it is cheaper and quicker to take a coach. But i hate coaches, and like trains (especially thai trains as you can hang out of the window for a cigarette!).

It's definately an experience worth trying, but you probably won't want to do it a seoond time...

#3 yaamahaga has been a member since 13/1/2009. Posts: 5

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.