Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

5 Weeks to travel - Cambodia or Cambodia/Laos

Posted by damos68 on 27/2/2009 at 15:34

Hey everyone

flying to Cambodia in April for 5 weeks and just wondering how I should spend my time. That is should I just explore Cambodia or should I try and spend some time in Laos.

I can always come back to Laos at some time in the near future, so would it be worthwhile just focusing on Cambodia or is 5 weeks too long?

I have checked the suggested itineraries already so have a pretty good idea of where to go and what to see. Just thinking of the time.

All suggestions appreciated.

Dammien

#1 damos68 has been a member since 26/2/2009. Posts: 6

Posted by somtam2000 on 28/2/2009 at 09:17 admin

Hi Dammien,

Five weeks is a good spread of time to spend in Cambodia -- given you'll need to do a visa run, I'd lean towards popping over to Southern Laos to have a poke around the 4,000 islands and perhaps Wat Phu.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,706
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by damos68 on 2/3/2009 at 19:15

Thanks for that! Have had a look and 4000 Islands looks like it could be a nice place to chill out for a bit. Great site by the way, could spend hours on here (Actually, already have...) Cheers!

#3 damos68 has been a member since 26/2/2009. Posts: 6

Posted by roryboy2 on 16/3/2009 at 11:05

hello, I will be traveling around cambodia that time also. I am landing in Siem Reap airport april 12, and looking for a traveling partner, want to go see some islands do some fishing maybe snorkeling and all that. anyways let me know if you are interested. I am 27 male from canada

#4 roryboy2 has been a member since 16/3/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 1

Posted by damos68 on 17/3/2009 at 18:22

Hey mate

best if u contact me via email - dammien_curran@yahoo.com.au

I arrive on April 7th at Phnom Penh but we might be able to catch up somewhere along the way. Anyway just send me a msg and we will see if we can work something out.

Cheers!

#5 damos68 has been a member since 26/2/2009. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.