Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Siem Reap to Don Det (Laos)

Posted by kirsh on 4/3/2009 at 21:11

Posted from within Vietnam.

hey guys. Can anyone tell me the (relatively!) quickest way to travel from Siem Reap to Don Det in the Si Phan Don region of Laos? I'm not bothered about missing Kratie - would prefer to just make tracks to Laos. I figure we will probably have to get to Stung Treng somehow and then a boat or bus to the Laos border....any advice please?!

Thanks

#1 kirsh has been a member since 4/3/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by Lother on 5/3/2009 at 04:03

You'll need to first go south as far as Kompong Cham , since as far as I know there are no (proper) roads heading more straight to the east. So take a bus to Kompong Cham (or Phnom Penh if you want, but you don't need to go that far south) and then from there to Kratie or straight to Stung Treng. From Kratie or ST it's easiest to get organized minibus transport all the way across the border to Don Det. Most guesthouses can arrange this. It's doable in one day even from Kratie, no problem there. You'll need to have your Lao visa in advance.

#2 Lother has been a member since 12/5/2006. Location: Earth. Posts: 214
 Send Lother a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.