Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

internet accessibility in Cambodia

Posted by smilenbean on 15/5/2009 at 22:48

How hard is it to find places to get on the internet in Cambodia. I will need to check in with my family from time to time

#1 smilenbean has been a member since 22/2/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by Lother on 16/5/2009 at 02:09

It's very easy in the bigger towns, and possible in many smaller ones too. All the most commonly visited towns have many places to access the Net.

#2 Lother has been a member since 12/5/2006. Location: Earth. Posts: 214
 Send Lother a private message 

Posted by smkuchta on 16/5/2009 at 07:52

Internet is everywhere in cambodia and we had wifi in many of our hotels however it is also painfully slow and very intermittent at least compared to Vietnam and Cambodia. It is fine for doing email but trying to Skype or upload photos to a website was not possible with the "free" connections we had.

We ended up buying a prepaid wireless card from "Online" that worked quite well (most of our hotels were in an "Online" hotspot. We needed the extra speed to be able to upload photos and such to our website.

#3 smkuchta has been a member since 10/8/2007. Posts: 72
 Website 

Posted by amazon_blonde on 18/5/2009 at 23:42

I concur with smkuchta. We had no problem finding internet at cafes or even wifi hotspots in the major places (Siem Reap, PP, Kampot, even Kep) but it's not fast nor 100% reliable. If you want to keep in touch by email, it's likely sufficient, but Skype isn't going to like it, nor will you be able to upload a lot of content to blogs, etc.

#4 amazon_blonde has been a member since 20/12/2008. Posts: 116

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.