Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Cambodian visas

Posted by satori_kicks on 29/6/2009 at 11:40

Hi all,

Just wondering what the best plan of attack for getting a Cambodian visa is. Is it better to get an e-Visa, or wait until at the Cambodian border, and get it then.

My mate and I will be entering Cambodia from Vietnam in Setpember (coming up in a boat to Phnom Penh from Chau Doc).

#1 satori_kicks has been a member since 5/6/2009. Posts: 8

Posted by BruceMoon on 29/6/2009 at 12:29

You're probably going to have to hand over your passport to the boat people who will take it to get 'processed' at the border. They will charge a 'service fee'. Unlikely to get out of that.

So, if you want to pick up first, sobeit. Alternately, wait till you get to the border.

#2 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by thailand_asia on 9/7/2009 at 09:38

hey ben, i went about 5 times to cambodia and to get a visa on the border is not a big think, but if you want to save a page of your passport i can recomend the evisa. its as well a bit cheaper. on the boarder you pay about 30usd and for the evisa about 20usd.
have fun

#3 thailand_asia has been a member since 7/7/2009. Location: Germany. Posts: 37

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.