Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

CF Mekong - boat ride between Siem Reap and Phnom Penh

Posted by travelingchinese on 6/7/2009 at 07:46

Has anyone tried the one day "CF Mekong" boat trip between Siem Reap and Phnom Penh ? I have read hat the express boat ride route between Siem Reap and Phnom Penh isn't worth it anymore - becauase it's expensive and the view is not very good for most part of the journey. However, CF Mekong seems to have a full day itinerary between Siem Reap and Phnom Penh, stopping at different villages along the way. Has anyone tried it? Is it a tourist trap?

#1 travelingchinese has been a member since 2/7/2009. Posts: 8

Posted by BruceMoon on 6/7/2009 at 09:09

Is it actually going? The website shows no pax on any of the forthcoming days. And, a price of $155.

As I posted on another site, you can get from Siem Reap to Hong Kong quicker and cheaper by flying (via KL).

In August, even if it is going, you'll see much water, and water spray from inside the fastboat. To me, it's merely an alternative means of travel for affluent people not wanting to take the bus.

#2 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.