Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Bangkok to Siem Reap

Posted by 4tindoors on 30/8/2009 at 10:06

What is the best route from Bangkok to Siem Reap ? Bangkok airlines is $300 and I refuse to go this route. I have read https://www.travelfish.org/feature/71

Has anyone traveled to Siem Reap post 2009?? Please indicate the route chosen and the total cost/travel time.

The bus trip from Bangkok to Siem Reap seems difficult. Would it be better to fly to Phnom Pehn with Air Asia ($40) then travel to Siem Reap by bus (6 hours)? Even if it would be just to avoid the scams??

Please advise.

#1 4tindoors has been a member since 30/8/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by BruceMoon on 30/8/2009 at 11:05

4tindoors

There was recently a discussion here on Travelfish about different fly options. Go read here at this link .

It appears that an AirAsia BKK to PP, and Cambodia Angkor Air PP to SR may be a possible option. Another is to spend a night (or so) in Kuala Lumpur).

Cheers

#2 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by BruceMoon on 30/8/2009 at 12:04

4tindoors

Maybe not all over...

I looked at 5 November to 'test':

BKK > REP (siem reap) Bangkok Air = US$207.

BKK > PNH (pp) Air Asia US$79
PNH > REP Bangkok Air US$79

So, direct = US$207, via PP = US$158.

This better on the budget?

Cheers

#3 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.