Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Help with Khmer-English Translation

Posted by bleucheese on 4/9/2009 at 09:45

I will be traveling to Cambodia for a few weeks and I have a sever nut allergy. I am hoping someone can help translate this: "I cannot eat any nuts especially peanuts and peanut oil. I can die if I eat peanuts or peanut oil. If your kitchen uses peanut oil or peanuts, I should not eat here or there will be an emergency. Thank you."
Its actually not quite that severe- I react very quickly, vomit and have a sore stomach for a day, but I would like to avoid that situation as much as possible. I am very adventurous with eating but alas, I am limited by this debilatating allergy.

#1 bleucheese has been a member since 4/9/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by Sparts on 15/9/2009 at 05:22

I certainly can;t help too much, but a quick search on goolge throws up a few sites that claim to translate.
However, if I were you I'd fire off a quick email to the Cambodian Embassy and ask them to do it.
They should be happy enough to help you, they emailed me back within 24hrs when I had a question for them.

#2 Sparts has been a member since 5/6/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 169
 Send Sparts a private message   Where has Sparts been? 

Posted by marigeri on 15/9/2009 at 05:46

khniom hot ban niam sundaek dey; prossen khniom niam khniom tchou nah!
but try just khniom hot ban niam peanut;
there is peanut in some sauce but i don t think they cook with peanut oil:
don t worry to much about this; most of the place someone can speak english;
or you just can show peanuts sample;;; and say khniom (me) hot bahn niam nee!

#3 marigeri has been a member since 25/6/2006. Posts: 23

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.