Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Posted by womble86 on 29/9/2009 at 19:36

Hi everyone,

Anybody know of any local or national festivals going on in Cambodia throughout Nov / Dec? I'm starting to put together a plan of what to do and where to go and was hoping to fit in some culture on the way!

#1 womble86 has been a member since 13/7/2009. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 8

Posted by palusami on 2/10/2009 at 14:33

The water festival- Bonn om Touk- from the 1st to the 4th is a huge event especially in Phnom Penh with boat races. Independence day on the 9th Nov with parades etc. Christmas is a non event this being a Buddhist country.

#2 palusami has been a member since 2/10/2009. Posts: 4

Posted by onceuponthe on 4/10/2009 at 01:02

I love the water festival in siem reap, the feeling in the air is incredible, all siem reap come along the river to walk, and look at the boat race but also pick nick, then at nght time, there is the pro thit that you light with candle and float in the river,
there is also many people in the street so the temple should be quieter a little bit. i don t want to go to phnom pehn where ;y friend told me everyplace are more expensdive and you can almost not move because it full of people and so you cannot see anything

#3 onceuponthe has been a member since 28/2/2009. Location: France. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.