Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Mondulkiri - Sen Monorom

Posted by Lodestar on 12/10/2009 at 20:58

In Siem Reap right now and would really want to go to Sen Monorom for the local tribes and villages, falls and elephant rides. Any suggestions and tips?

I am aware of the 9+ hour not so comfy bus ride from PP, so wondering, if someone could say if it really is worth the trouble. Considering we would like to take a motorbike around and see the villages and nature and then do a tour in the forests with the elephant. What do you say?

Is it possible to cross over to Vietnam without going all the way back to PP? Maybe at Snoul?

Any other info and tips on the destination are much appreciated!!!

Thanks a million!

#1 Lodestar has been a member since 7/9/2009. Posts: 19

Posted by somtam2000 on 13/10/2009 at 10:25 admin

If you've got the time, it is worth the trip -- really. Contact Sherri at Nature Lodge in Sen Monorom if you're looking for some very specific recommendations -- a great place doing some good work in the area.

Probably the most convenient international border crossing is Trapeang Phlong / Xa Mat -- southeast of Kompong Cham -- you'll pass the turnoff enroute to Sen Monorom (which is as close as I've personally been to that crossing!) -- if you do use it, please report back on how you went.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,651
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Lodestar on 14/10/2009 at 21:06

my heart is bleeding, but gonna have to skip it.
after whole afternoon of going through all agencies, companies and bus stops/stations, all we heard was - no buses cause of the rain, buses cant get through. maybe pick-ups.
pick-up drivers only said "maybe go tomorrow, maybe take 5 hour, maybe take 11 hour". so, as we really don't have unlimited time, gonna have to skip it. damn, really would have loved to go.

#3 Lodestar has been a member since 7/9/2009. Posts: 19

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.