Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Is the Lazy Fish Guesthouse still open?

Posted by Rohan on 15/10/2009 at 17:47

I am travelling to Cambodia in January and looking at accommodation options in Phnom Penh. One of the cheaper options recommended by Travelfish is the Lazy Fish Guesthouse.

However, in researching it, I have come accross articles stating that it was closed down in June as part of some political powerplay:

It is unclear from this article whether the closure was temporary or whether it has been shut down permanently. Does anyone know if the Lazy Fish Guesthouse is still open?

#1 Rohan has been a member since 16/6/2009. Posts: 63

Posted by sayadian on 15/10/2009 at 20:37

I hope nothing bad has happened to the lazyfish,they and Sim next door in Smiles are the nicest people on the lake.If you are concerned you could telephone or e-mail them.The numbers are 012 703 368, 099 370 478, or 016 533 913.E-mail;
I was talking to the local police,Virak, in March and he seemed to think the authorities are running out of patience with the guesthouse owners and there was a distinct possibility of someone 'carelessly' dropping a lighted match onto some 'accidently' tipped gasoline soon.sounded ominous

#2 sayadian has been a member since 15/1/2008. Posts: 1,557
 Send sayadian a private message 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.