Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

e-visa / Cambodia Angkor Air

Posted by tails101 on 16/10/2009 at 16:36

Just a couple of things I said I'd report back on once in Cambodia...

Firstly, the e-visa system worked brilliantly, we were able to bypass the queues for a visa and were waiting for our luggage within 5 mins of getting off the plane. Well worth the $5 processing fee... Definitely recommended.

Secondly, the new national airline seemed great to us. Virtually new plane, friendly crew, punctual, drink service on a 35min flight, what more could you ask for!!!

Finally, I know Stuart highly rates the trip to Kompong Khleang, but just to add, it's fantastic - if you can afford it and have the time, it really is a must do.

Also, one other finally - we stayed at The Two Dragons guesthouse and were impressed. The staff were friendly, the tuk-tuk drivers helpful and all round it was a great place to stay in our humble opinion.

#1 tails101 has been a member since 1/4/2006. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 105
 Send tails101 a private message   Twitter 

Posted by KazAussie on 17/10/2009 at 05:27

Thanks for the post, really useful

#2 KazAussie has been a member since 18/7/2009. Posts: 221

Posted by sweetbj10 on 17/10/2009 at 06:47

Definitely recommend the Two Dragons guesthouse as well. Staff are all very pleasant, it's a nice quiet area, but still close to conveniences, and a nice walk to Pub Street (although in April it's really hot and muggy, so grab a tuk tuk unless you want to be soaked when you get there). And my tuk tuk driver for the temples, Maron, was very nice and helpful on each of the 3 days I used his services

#3 sweetbj10 has been a member since 1/5/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by twicz98 on 18/10/2009 at 07:38

What website did you purchase your evisa from?
You mentioned the "national airline". did you fly from Bangkok to Siem Reap? I was looking for a flight from Bangkok to Siem Reap, but I don't see any more flights.

I also booked at the Two Dragons Guesthouse. Glad to hear that you enjoyed it. Looking forward to it.

#4 twicz98 has been a member since 6/10/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by tails101 on 20/10/2009 at 12:56

Sorry for the delay in replying, been busy enjoying Phnom Penh !

The website I got my e-visa from was

The national airline doesn't fly Bangkok to Siem Reap - the only airline that currently does is Bangkok Airways as they have a monopoly on the route until the end of the year I believe... Be warned, because of this, flights are expensive!!!

The Two Dragons was really nice and I'd definitely stay again. There tuk-tuk drivers are real characters too.

Just finished four nights in Phnom Penh and splurged on The Pavillion, getting one of their private pool rooms. Awesome is all I can say, fanstastic room, brilliant pool, friendly and helpful staff - definitely recommended. When I come back to Phnom Penh, it will be the only place I'll consider!

#5 tails101 has been a member since 1/4/2006. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 105
 Send tails101 a private message   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.