Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

ATM denominations in Cambodia

Posted by Roey77 on 26/10/2009 at 16:36

Hi,

We're off to Cambodia in a week and are having abit of trouble getting USD here as our bank just sold the last lot of cash this morning. We could go to the Travelex but their rate is .88 and the bank's rate is .90.

I'm wondering what denominations the ATM's in Cambodia spit out. Are they all $50 or a mix of $20 also??

Does anyone know what the rate to change AUD to USD is over there??

Thanks

Roey

#1 Roey77 has been a member since 9/10/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by tails101 on 26/10/2009 at 20:12

The ATMs I used in Cambodia dished out $10, $20 and $50 notes...

If you can find them, use the Cambodia Public Bank or SBC bank ATMs as they don't charge for cash withdrawals from international cards. The most common ATM are ANZ ones which charge $4 when using an international card.

Cheers
Mark.

#2 tails101 has been a member since 1/4/2006. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 105
 Send tails101 a private message   Twitter 

Posted by Roey77 on 26/10/2009 at 22:55

Thanks for the info Mark.

We've got a Travel Money card from the Commonwealth Bank and will be loading money onto that via BPAY. Seems like a good idea in the event we fall victim to card skimming or loss/theft. You get 2 cards, both with different pin numbers and nothing is linked to our personal accounts.

Also just happened to read your post about the Cambodian e-visa. We were humming and harring about it but have decided to get one. Anything to get out of the aiport quicker. :o)

We are also travelling by bus from Phnom Penh to Saigon... do we still have to pay the $25 departure tax??

Cheers and Beers

Roey

#3 Roey77 has been a member since 9/10/2009. Posts: 3

Posted by tails101 on 27/10/2009 at 00:56

Hey Roey,

No, if you are leaving by road you avoid the $25 departure tax...

Yeah, i'd definitely opt for an e-visa if you are in a hurry to get out the airport - I think we were off the plane, visa'd and luggage collected within about 20 mins with the e-visa system at Siem Reap.

Cheers,
Mark.

#4 tails101 has been a member since 1/4/2006. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 105
 Send tails101 a private message   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.