Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Party scene in Cambodia

Posted by jclarkson on 5/11/2009 at 14:56

I am trying to plan a three week SE Asia trip and originally had written of Cambodia in favor of Vietnam and a bit in Laos. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on good nightlife/party destinations in Cambodia or if there are any destinations in Laos that are comparable to Halong or Nha Trang.
Thanks for any tips

Cheers,

Josh

#1 jclarkson has been a member since 10/9/2009. Posts: 35

Posted by somtam2000 on 5/11/2009 at 19:12 admin

Sihanoukville has a big beach party scene -- and both Phnom Penh and Siem Reap have no shortage of places open all night. Depends a bit on the sort of party you are looking for I guess...

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,710
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by NatashaCambodia on 8/12/2009 at 20:19

Siem Reap has a great bar scene. There is one street with a number of lively bars and restaurants - it's called Pub Street and it's just round the corner from the central market. Make sure you have a drink in the Angkor What? bar:)

Phnom Penh has loads of good places to go out - for an authentic experience go to Sparks. It is a really big local club in the centre of town. It is certainly something different, but I really enjoyed it. Or, there is the Heart of Darkness - a small dingy club where the drinks are flowing and the small dance floor is heaving.

#3 NatashaCambodia has been a member since 7/12/2009. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.