Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Sihanoukville or Kampot/Kep

Posted by gillerz960 on 20/11/2009 at 22:07

I originally planned to go Sihanoukville but the more I read about it the less appealing it becomes.

I am looking for a beach destination in Cambodia that has good bars etc but isn't too touristy or built up.

Kep is probably the preferred destination at the moment, does this sound like a good idea or shoul I consider somewhere else?

#1 gillerz960 has been a member since 17/11/2009. Posts: 16

Posted by Saphir on 21/11/2009 at 04:14

I went to Sihanoukville a few months ago but after wandering around I just had the feeling that it wasn't a place I could take to. Can't say exactly what it was, but it just did not appeal. So I had lunch and hopped a bus. Have not been to other beachy places in Cambodia, though, so am unable to advise. However, I think everyone has to make up their own mind. Just because some people don't like Sihanoukville doesn't mean you won't - you might really like it.

#2 Saphir has been a member since 19/5/2009. Posts: 74
 Where has Saphir been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.