Photo: Within the grounds of the Royal Palace.

Cambodia forum

Cambodia Itinary With Baby

Posted by NancyNoo on 23/11/2009 at 15:22

My wife and I are planning a 3 week trip to Cambodia in February with our baby who will be 14 months old. We had settled on 3 nights in Phnom Penh,a week in Kep and 4 nights in Kampot with the rest of the time in Bangkok.
We have visited Cambodia once before 6 years ago when we visited Banlung, Siem Reap, PP and Sihanoukville and loved it. When we showed our itinery to a friend who also has a one year old and has visited Kep/Kampot two years ago she was very critical, saying that the itinery was not suitable and that we were being irresponsible by taking our daughter to Cambodia. She said a week was far too long to stay in Kep and that Kampot only warranted 2/3 days. Her advice was that as our flight was to Bangkok we should stay in Thailand as it is more developed and a less risky place to take a baby.
Can anyone offer any advise? We just want to have a relaxed break,but we are now confused and unsure what we should do.

#1 NancyNoo has been a member since 23/11/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 24/11/2009 at 07:03 admin

We did an almost identical trip with a ten month old a year of so back. We flex Bali to KL to Phnom Penh, spend a few days there, then got a taxi (to ourselves) and drove down to Kep -- spent four nights there, then to Kampot for a couple of nights -- can't remember how many to be honest! then back to Phnom Penh.

I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

If you're looking for a relaxing break, what you have spelt out exactly fits the bill. I'd consider some of the more mid range places to stay (ideally with hot water) but there's plenty of those in both Kep and Kampot.

The only "issue" with the trip was the car didn't have seatbelts, so we carried Lyla in a BabyBjorn as a baby seat wasn't feasible.

More questions, ask away -- Cambodians are terrific with kids.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,565
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.